SwarmBots is a project for the Principles of Engineering class at Olin College of Engineering in Needham, MA.
Create a platform of small robots capable of being controlled via social media with a budget of just $250.
At minimum we want to make two robots able to navigate a known toy-world in a coordinated manner. This includes but is not limited to:
- Location tracking
- Coordinated movement
- Communication between robots and master computer
- Socially connected web app to allow people all over the world to control the robots
- Improve programming competency of our team members.
- Understand AI concepts such as path finding
- Understand electrical systems to achieve wireless communication, obstacle detection, location finding, etc.
- Learn how to connect robots to the internet and vice-versa.